summer is over and it was a blur

Tuesday September 6, 2011

And it’s September.

Where the heck did the summer go?

What happened to all those weekend camping trips? Bikes around the lake? Concerts in the park?

Yeah, that didn’t happen.

But WOW, what a summer. I guess we were too busy eating slow carb, doing squats, shooting client weddings and portraits, having our house on Apartment Therapy, being featured on Style Me Pretty, hosting and going to backyard BBQ’s, biking to the State Fair, and celebrating Ben and Becky’s wedding!

After the wedding weekend we drove home and went straight to the Fair! It was such a TREAT to just splurge and eat through our exhaustion!

YUM. Deep fried Snickers.

Mmmmm, sweet corn.

And wedding season is not even over for me — I have four more weddings. And a few scattered portrait shoots. Whew.

But then I will get to coast right into winter retirement…or something like that.

Someone asked me what I was planning on doing this winter and I was like, “Ummmm, NOTHING.”

8 Comments

1. Ben says:

Great post anne. Thanks for all the help on the wedding and for the great photos & videos! Here’s to Judy’s speedy recovery (and harness, and life vest).

2. [...]   « summer is over and it was a blur [...]

3. Courtney says:

Anne,

I’m a little worried about Judy. It sounds like she is trying to suicide herself. You should consider getting her a script for Zoloft or something.

Hearts,
    CT

4. Anne says:

Thanks and you’re welcome, Ben! Judy seems to be totally back to normal, which is great!

5. Anne says:

Courtney, Judy is just doing what she knows best and jumping is a huge part of her life. So jumping out of a car or out of a canoe is a totally normal reaction — except of course when the car is moving and/or her vest gets caught on a canoe. Thanks!

6. tia says:

wow – judy!! so glad she is OK (and that you survived it, too!)

7. Anne says:

Thanks Tia! We both survived and are doing much better!

8. Anne says:

**I’ve republished some content from the original post – so these comments are referring to a post about Judy jumping out of the car!**