my pits

Friday February 17, 2006

I stopped wearing deodorant a few years ago.

I seemed to always forget to put it on and then freak out when I remembered.

So I just stopped.

Yesterday was the first day in a long time that I thought, “Maybe I should start wearing it again.”

My pits smelled.

I was afraid to use my arms to gesture.

Small wiffs of myself floated around me whenever I released my arms.

Growing up I remember my first deodorant that my Mom got me.

It was called MUMS and it was a paste.

I did not want to wear it back then either.

7 Comments

1. Automaton Overlord, Esq. says:

nah, screw it. human’s have survived for thousands of years without deodorant, so why start now. unless, of course, your personal case of bo is of a serious magnitude. or you’re trying to impress someone.

2. Chris Kalani says:

what the heck.,,..

gross. My first time on your site and you pretty much scared me away, lol.

3. curious servant says:

The only reason we think we smell bbad is because Madison Ave. told us we do.

I would agree that people can smell a little strong when they haven’t bathed in a while and the oils actually become a little rancid. But we are the way He made us. No need to feel self conscious about who we are, especially if we clean ourselves regularly.

4. Marissa says:

that’s so funny. unfortunately for me, the gene of “sweat” runs in my family and i got it. i have to wear deoderant or else i’d have no friends. :)

5. Meg D. says:

Annie, oh Annie! That was disgusting and I would get some good organic deodorant and let everyone around you want to actually be around you! Kidding.

I have a new double-secret blog called Nothin Gold can Stay, it’s at http://www.megdonohoe.blogspot.com

so check it. I miss you. You know any single cute boys that like to just sit around an watch tv or movies? Keep your eyes open.

6. Meg D. says:

sdsada

7. amanda Jane says:

i stink and i WEAR deodorant so i don’t feel bad for you at all…oh, by the way, i have a blog!

ajp