justify my

Saturday November 5, 2005

It is 5:20 pm and I am still in my pj’s and robe. I actually have only been awake for four hours.

In those four hours I have watched Headliners and Legends hosted by Matt Lauer on Oprah and countless TLC decorating shows…drank a hot cup of green tea and heated up some pizza from late last night.

I don’t really know where to start…should I take a shower, get dressed, clean up my mess, or just save myself some time and stay in my pj’s?

I am maybe a little lazy today.

Here is the part where I justify my laziness: For the past three weekends I have been on the road…so I haven’t had a relaxing weekend “home” in awhile.

I also might be a little lonely today.

Here is the part where I justify my loneliness: Jake left on Tuesday for Germany and won’t return until next Sunday.

14 Comments

1. Jayleigh says:

I hope you have enjoyed your lazy weekend. I’ve been in my pj’s too all day since lunchtime! It’s awesome.

Sorry you’re spending time alone without your sweetie, but I guess sometimes that’s we might need some time away to truly appreciate the blessings in our lives.

That said, I hope the time without Jake flies by for you. ;-)

2. Cheryl says:

Hey, sounds like a nice weekend to me! You don’t have to justify it. I am a little jealous.

3. Eric says:

Hey I know how it feels sometimes…you’re alone but you’re never alone. A day flopped on the couch abusing my TiVo works for me sometimes! Thanks for posting to me, please do so again!

Peace.

4. Marissa says:

Aww! I know that loneliness well. :) Here’s the thing, it’s okay to spend lazy Sundays in our pj’s and robes. I did the same thing yesterday, and I felt guilty for about a second, and then enjoyed my wonderfully lazy day!

5. Christa says:

Anne-I hope your loneliness subsides soon. Jake is coming home soon!! It was so nice to talk to you the other day, we should do it again soon.

6. Kendra says:

I love days like that…minus the loneliness. But I do really enjoy a day on the couch in my pj’s. Hope you find some fun ways to occupy your time while Jake is gone. :)

7. Mindi says:

Perfect weekend. Wish it weren’t Monday…

8. Jill says:

That sounds delightful. Tea and leftover pizza and pajamas. Ahh.

9. Most Precarious says:

I think alone time can be overrated. Hope you are coping well and that Jake makes it home soon.

10. mariel says:

Ciao anne… how’s it going your “single” week? Only a few days left, isn’t it? :D

11. Teresa says:

Hello, Anne!

Remember “absence makes the heart grow fonder.” And, it can be fun to plan a homecoming surprise.

12. Kiki says:

Days like this can definatly be therapeutic. Be as lazy as can be!

13. Anne says:

Thank you all for your comments!

It is funny how we sometimes feel guilty for being relaxed (or lazy)…who says we always have to be productive?! I have enjoyed my time “alone”…drinking tea, reading, and watching my favorite tv shows…

But I am ready for Jake to return! I do miss him :)

14. Amanda says:

be lazy, girl. soak it up. we all run around too much. read magazines, drink tea, watch oprah and tlc…sounds like a great day.