one to stumble

Monday August 29, 2005

“Tell me about a time when you avoided a problem for a school or work project by keeping others informed? ”

Huh? Crap, I have no idea. What kind of question is that?

I can’t think of anything. Nothing is coming out of my mouth….except, Ahhhhh…ummmm….hmmmm.

That is a really good question, I compliment. Basically just trying to fill some of the silence.

Then I actually say, Oh, wow, ummm, I really don’t know.

I just start talking, I don’t even know where I came up with the words to finally answer this ridiculous question, but I did, and it was horrible.

Oh well. I have another one to stumble through on Wednesday.

9 Comments

1. Kiki says:

I’m sure it came out much better than you think.

2. Amanda says:

i am sure you did fine; better than fine…you are articulate, as we can all attest to.

3. Christa says:

Anne, I bet it was so much better than you think it was looking back. I was once was asked, “If you were a tree, what kind of tree would you be, and why?” What the Hell is that about? I found out when I taught the interviewing class last semester that the question is meant to throw people off and see how they handle uncomfortable situations. Still, not very cool!

4. Teresa says:

That is an interesting question. I too am sure that you came across better than you think you did. Good luck with the rest of your interviews.

5. Cheryl says:

Whoa, I didn’t even get the question at first. Maybe I am tried or something. But wow. I am sure you did fine and will do fine on your next one too. Good Luck!

6. Anne says:

Thanks Kiki, Amanda, Christa, Teresa, and Cheryl! I am sure it was better than I think…I am always my hardest critic. I really appreciate all the words of encouragement.

7. Marissa says:

I didn’t get the question, either! I had to re-read (again…and again!) so no worries! Like everyone said, I bet you did better than you think!

8. Juno says:

What the heck kind of silly question was that anyway? I don’t blame you for freezing up.

It’s like the time my best friend was in bed with this guy who asked her if she was a dog, what kind would she be? That story ended badly too!

9. Anne says:

Thanks Marissa!

Oh No Juno! That is hilarious!